Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Online Mlm Training: Still Chasing Friends And Family?

Old School vs. New School


Everyone that has EVER been involved in Network Marketing has been exposed to the traditional Old School marketing techniques. What are the Old School techniques? You know what I'm talking about. Doing the whole belly to belly "3 foot rule" thing where you go out every day making contact with everyone that looks like it might be worth your time to present your business opportunity to. And the all so popular making a list of your friends and family and going through your "warm market".

There is also the holding home meetings and doing demonstrations form of trying to build your business.

I remember when I was a kid, my Mother going to Tupperware and Avon parties. The list goes on and on as far as marketing strategies go and although there are people that build very successful organizations using the Old School methods, they are outdated and only work for certain personality types. I mean really, how many people can you run into during the day working the malls and grocery store. Most people are working their 9-5 trying to provide for their families while you are out pounding the pavement. And out of the people that you do make contact with, how many of them are really going to be interested in what you have to present to them. I remember after trying to use these techniques and having ZERO success, my upline telling me that it might be time to pick up the phone book and start cold calling people over the phone. Really I didn't start a home based business to be a telemarketer.


Well I want to tell you something. THERE IS A BETTER WAY!!! MUCH BETTER! NEW SCHOOL

It didn't take me long to see that the marketing methods that my upline advised me to use were not going to get me the results that I wanted. Remember when I said that when I was a kid I remember Mom going to Tupperware parties? Well I also remember when I was a kid that there was no such thing as the INTERNET.

Look, People hate to be sold! Especially in the Network Marketing industry and especially when you are dealing with Network Marketing entrepreneurs every day. They are much more likely to listen to what you have to say if you are not presenting your business opportunity to them on the front end and you are actually building a trusting relationship with them and you are personable.

The internet is the most powerful tool that you can use today for reaching people all over the world. There are SO MANY tools out there where you can actually get in front of thousands of people everyday and attract people that are already looking for what you have to offer in your MLM opportunity TO YOU.

You can generate an endless amount of leads if you know how to market effectively in all these different forums: 
  • Social Networking: Facebook, Twitter and MySpace 
  • Video Marketing: YouTube 
  • Article/Content Marketing 
  • Blogging 
  • LinkedIn 


The list here also goes on and on However you decide on how you are going to market your business, one factor always stays the same. People are going to care more about how you can help THEM then they are about your company, products or compensation plan. People join people. Are you going to be able to get them the results that they are looking for? Businesses come and go in this industry. Only 20% of MLM companies are still in existence after 2 years of their launch date. But one factor will always be the same. YOU! So brand YOURSELF and not your company.

The KEYS to Success in the Network Marketing industry is by combining those two concepts. BRANDING YOURSELF and gaining the knowledge of how to MARKET EFFECTIVELY. When you can do this people are going to join you in whatever business endeavor that you are involved in. 
(In Home Busines - www.readbud.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment